𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗕𝗜𝗦𝗬𝗢 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗔𝗡 | November 24, 2022 - The Department of Agriculture, Region IX, joins the conduct of the Regional Inter-Agency Committee on Indigenous Peoples Health Serbisyo Caravan held at the covered court of Barangay Limpapa, Zamboanga City. 150 packs of 8-in-1 assorted vegetable seeds and about 900 assorted IEC materials were distributed to IPs during the activity.
𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗢𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗦 𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗘 | The Department of Agriculture ZAMPEN is One with Mindanao as we celebrate MINDANAO WEEK OF PEACE on November 24 to December 05, 2022, with the theme: "Harnessing our Peace efforts: Towards Solidarity in Service"
𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗔𝗚𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗦 || The Network of Protected
Areas for Agriculture and Agro-Industrial Development (NPAAAD) and Strategic Agriculture and Fisheries Development Zone (SAFDZ) Maps were turned over to DA RFO IX Regional Executive Director Dennis R. Arpia by DA-Bureau of Soils and Water Management (BSWM) - Agricultural Land Management and Evaluation Division (ALMED) through the SEMLUR Project.
The BSWM team is led by SEMLUR Project focal person and Senior Agriculturist Jovette T. Almeda, along with Edgar D. Natividad (Senior Agriculturist), Project Assistants III Anna Lynn M. Arcamo, and Ma. Ajenitte D. Carulla. Also with the team are Joovani A. Deliman, Roderick B. Asug, Regine Marine B. Sabornido, and Uriel M. Ignacio; Agriculturist II.
INTEGRATED LABORATORY DIVISION
SOILS LABORATORY FUNCTIONS/SERVICES: The Soils Laboratory provides the basic following services to our farming and fishpond communities; the private sector and walk-in clientele:
CHEMISTRY LABORATORY UNIT:
• Conducts soil analysis on NPK and pH and provides recommendations in the proper use of lime and fertilizers.
• Conducts chemical/physical analyses on soil samples in support to research/ thesis/ Demo; other development activities and other RD & E network.
• Conducts special assay on organic/inorganic fertilizers, compost and liming materials and other soil ameliorants.
• Conducts soil analysis on field using Soil Testing Kit and recommends fertilizers usage.
• Conducts Soil sampling collection for AGRI-PINOY Programs and DA Projects in the region.
• Provides refill of Soil Test Kit reagents to Local Government Unit Agriculture technicians and other institutions or requesting clientele.
• Provides services through information dissemination regarding soil fertility, proper soil collection and other related matters to farmers, technicians and the general public.
BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTION UNIT
Conducts Bio-N quality test produced by the three (3) mixing plants of the Region
1. DA- RESEARCH Complex, Sanito, Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
2. SVARBEMCO(Siari Valley Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Multipurpose Cooperative), Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte
3. LAPMUCO,(Lapuyan Multipurpose Cooperative), Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur.
• Provides services in the production and distribution of Legume inoculants, Mushroom Spawn Cultivation, Trichoderma Harzianum.
• Provides promotion and transfer of Biological Production technologies to general public through seminar/training.
• Provides assistance to Provincial, Municipal and City Agricultural offices and Bio-N Mixing Plants ( DA-RESEARCH,SVARBEMCO & LAPUYAN).
• Provides assistance on the conduct of soil fertility; survey; soil related researches and other studies of BSWM’ programs in the region.
• Provides resource speaker / lecturer on soil analysis using STK method, soil management and other topics related to soils and its fertility.
• Provides technical assistance to researchers/field technicians/ students and other individual on chemical test results.
• Provides On the Job (OJT) training and Hands on Training particularly to BS Chemistry / BS Agriculture students as part of their curriculum.
• Conducts Laboratory Services.
• Distribution of Biologics (Purchased by BAI) to LGUs.
• Zero surveillance of priority diseases (in coordination with BAI).
• Animal Disease Investigation. • Assist walk-in clients on technical matters.
• Provide prompt and accurate disease diagnosis and other relevant support services for the effective surveillance, monitoring and control of animal diseases.
• Perform laboratory diagnostic activities and procedures, pathological examination such as necropsies, serological test, bacteriological, biological and parasitological isolation, identification and classification procedure, quantitative/qualitative analysis of blood and other body fluids and other relevant laboratory test and procedure.
• Provide adequate and appropriate recommendation information on animal disease control prevention.
1. Helps strengthen quality control by conducting a variety of chemical analysis such as protein, fiber, fats, ash, moisture content, etc. for determining the nutritive value of feeds collected by Regional Feed collector/inspectors and feeds submitted directly to RAFAL by walk-in clients;
2. Conducts a variety of highly specialized chemical analysis in determining trace minerals such as chloride ions, calcium and phosphorous contents of animal feeds and feedstuff and determination of urease activity of some feed ingredients;
3. Provides assistance and technical advice on the evaluation of the detailed nutritional value of feeds for specific classes of livestock and poultry;
4. Conduct microscopic examination of feeds and feedstuff to determine its fitness & purity as claimed by the manufacturer.
REGIONAL CROP PROTECTION CENTER
1. Research and Development
2. Biocontrol Agent Production and Field Distribution
a. Conduct Rice Research Study on Philippine Rice Information System (PRISM)
b. Conduct Applied Research on Field Utilization and Mutli-location trial of Carrageenan as Growth Promoter and inducer of Resistance to Pest and Diseases in Zamboanga del Sur.
c. Conduct Survey and Early Warning of cassava Arthropod Pests &
Disease in Zamboanga del Sur.
a. Trichogramma evanescens
b. Trigogramma japonicum
c. Metarhizium anisoplae
d. Chilocorus Nigrita & Telsimia nitida
3. Rice Seed Production
4. Field Verification and Validation of Pest Damage to eight (8) Major Crops
5. Conduct Farmers Awareness on the Management of Pests & Disease of different crops.
REGIONAL AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING DIVISION (RAED)
• Plan, coordinate and execute the implementation of regional agricultural engineering programs, projects and activities;
• Provide technical assistance and supervision to the Local Government Units (LGU’s), Non- Government Organizations (NGOs) and other clientele groups with regards to the planning and implementation of small water impounding projects, diversion dams, and other irrigation projects, agricultural mechanization, post-harvest facilities and agricultural infrastructure projects;
• Supervise and conduct the construction, repair, operation and maintenance of RFO engineering facilities and equipment;
• Prepare and/ or evaluate agricultural engineering plans, designs, programs and projects for funding purposes;
• Coordinate and/or supervise at the regional level the enforcement of the Philippine Agricultural Engineering Standards including registration, licensing and performance testing and evaluation of agricultural machineries and postharvest facilities and perform other mandated regulatory activities;
• Plan, supervise and execute the implementation of small scale irrigation projects, post-harvest facilities, agricultural mechanization, farm to market roads and other agricultural infrastructure programs of the AgriPinoy and other locally funded or foreign assisted projects of DA;
• Coordinate and collaborate with the Agricultural Training Institute, State Colleges and Universities, LGUs, Philippine Society of Agricultural Engineers, RIARCs and other related groups for the planning and implementation of regional agricultural engineering training and extension program, and Research and Development;
• Coordinate and collaborate with the regional offices of NMIC for the planning and implementation of slaughterhouse projects; BFAR for aquaculture engineering projects and NIA for irrigation projects; and,
• Provide assistance in the organization and operation of the Regional Agricultural Engineering Council and the local chapters of the Philippine Society of Agricultural Engineers.
RAED shall be composed of three sections :
1. Engineering Plans, Design and Specifications Section (PDS) - shall oversee the preparation of regional mechanization and infrastructure plans, programs and projects.
• Formulate the regional agricultural infrastructures, irrigation, mechanization, post harvest facilities and agro processing development/master plans in coordination with LGUs, NGA and other groups at the regional level; • Prepare plan, design, specification and cost estimate of all agricultural engineering related program, projects and activities
• Coordinate with LGU, NGO, NGA and other DA attached agencies in the planning and preparation of engineering plans, design and specification of agricultural mechanization and infrastructure programs, projects and activities.
• Evaluate agricultural engineering plans, programs and projects prepared by LGUs and other offices for funding purposes;
• Conduct topographic survey relative to agricultural infrastructure programs, project and other activities; and
• Provide technical assistance in the implementation of Water Re-Use Act.
2. Program and Project Management Section (PPMS) shall oversee the implementation of agricultural infrastructure, irrigation, mechanization, post harvest facilities and other related DA programs and projects.
• Supervise and monitor the construction of agricultural infrastructure, irrigation, mechanization, post harvest facilities and other related projects of DA;
• Provide technical assistance to LGU, qualified farmer associations, cooperatives or entrepreneurs interested in establishing and operating agri-fishery machinery and equipment service centers;
• Monitor and assess the operation of constructed infrastructure facilities and distributed machinery and equipment, and provide recommendations to enhance its sustainability; and
• - Conduct institutional and capacity development activities to support and sustain the operation and management of constructed infrastructure and distributed machinery facilities.
3. The Standard Regulations and Enforcement Section (SRES) shall oversee the compliance of agricultural infrastructure, irrigation, mechanization, post harvest facilities to existing national standards.
• Conduct inspection, testing and evaluation of production, postharvest and processing, and warehouse/storage machineries and equipment;
• Supervise at the regional level the enforcement of the Philippine Agricultural Engineering Standards (PAES) on agricultural infrastructure, machinery and post harvest facilities;
• Provide technical/supervision assistance to LGUs, NGA and other DA attached agencies in the conduct of testing and evaluation of agricultural machinery, post harvest facilities and agroprocessing projects as well as the conduct of training and extension activities;
• Maintain and regularly update the registry of irrigation, post harvest, agricultural machinery and agricultural infrastructure projects at the regional office, and which can be accessed through the internet.
• Facilitate the registration and licensing of all agricultural machinery, equipment and facilities and other mandated regulatory activities;
• Coordinate and provide assistance to the LGUs in establishing a registry of agricultural and fishery machinery at the municipality and provincial levels;
• Facilitate the issuance of permits to operate small and medium sized agricultural and fishery machinery and equipment manufacturer, fabricators, assemblers and importers;
• Assist DA in the development of new standards especially in equipment peculiar to the region; and
• Coordinate and provide assistance to the local Building Officials in the evaluation and processing of permits application and certificate of occupancy of agricultural buildings and structures to ensure the enforcement of PAES and Section 21 of R.A. No. 8559 in the National Building Code of the Philippines.
AGRIBUSINESS AND MARKETING ASSISTANCE DIVISION (AMAD)
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
A. Agribusiness Investment Promotion
• Generate agribusiness investment opportunities and potentials
• Identify priority areas for agribusiness investment • Assist in packaging of agribusiness investment opportunity studies
• Conduct of agribusiness investment fora, conferences, matchings, dialogues, congresses
• Organize/assist in bound and outbound missions B. Market Promotion
• Market linkages and/or matching of farmers and cooperatives with buyers
• Organize/participate in foreign and local agri-trade fairs together with private sector
• Participate in selling mission together with private sector C. Agribusiness Entrepreneurship, Enterprise Development
• Provide technical assistance to agri & fishery enterprises
• Package agribusiness projects for specific beneficiaries
• Prepare farm enterprise budget and business plan
- Assist in organizing and strengthening industry associations
- Identify commodity value added products
• The division that ensures the quality of Philippine agricultural and fishery machineries, facilities and products to be within the domestic and international standards relative to client and consumer acceptability, health and safety, and the efficient trade of raw, fresh, primary and secondary processed agricultural and fisheries products (both food and non-food); activities undertaken include, but not limited to the following functions:
• Formulation and enforcement of agriculture and fishery-related standards and regulations;
• Prevention of disease and pest infestation;
• Registration/accreditation of agricultural and fishery products and/or industry players; and,
• Issuance of certifications, clearances, permits, licenses, and the like.
ADMIN AND FINANCE DIVISION
Administrative functions comprise vital parts of an organization structure, helping the agency to manage resources and people in an efficient manner. Financial management involves controlling expenditures and obligations (including operating expenses, debt and payroll). The Finance functions are responsible for all the day to day transactional accounting. This will include the tracking of all transactions and the management of any government reporting. The division is also responsible for management of the organization’s cash flow and ensuring there are enough funds available to meet the day to day payments. This area also encompasses the credit and collections policies for the agency’s clientele, to ensure the organization is paid on time and that there is a payment policy for the agency’s suppliers. Admin and Finance Division has four (4) sections namely; Human Resource, General Services, Budget and Accounting.
1. Plans, coordinates and supervise all personnel functions
2. Formulate an integrated personnel plan that includes merit promotion, performance evaluation, awards and recognition incentives
3. Maintain database of manpower resources of the regional office
4. Act and provide services for the Employees Welfare Benefits
5. Maintain personnel records and statistics
6. Formulate employees’ Training Development Needs (TDA) 7. Act on all matters concerning personnel records and attendance, appointment, promotions and other transactions
General Services Section:
1. Plans, coordinates and supervise all general services functions such as property, supplies, records, cashier, procurement and all other related activities under the said section
2. Safe-keep records of supplies, materials and equipment
3. Prepare inventory reports and annual reports
4. Preparation of inventory reports, and provide period inventory of supplies
5. Provide procurement services
6. Provide and assumes the safekeeping of official records and documents of the Regional Office
7. Records incoming and outgoing mails and dispatched to the addressees
8. Provide Cash and check disbursement
9. Prepares reports of collection and disbursement
10. Preparation of checks and monthly reports
11. Provide building maintenance and transportation services
12. Inspect and schedule necessary repairs of vehicles
13. Conduct minor mechanical repair of vehicles
Budget Section Section
1. Supervision of budget preparation of funding releases
2. Prepare request for monthly cash allocation
3. Prepare monthly cash allocation
4. Preparation of quarterly and monthly accomplishment reports
5. Provide issuance of obligation requests
6. Process disbursement vouchers
1. Check and review posting and consolidate book of accounts, control of NCA and reconcile book of accounts
2. Preparation of remittance lists and vouchers, posting of deductions
3. Preparation of issuance of tax reports
4. Process vouchers for disbursement and journalization and indexing of salary payments and deductions
5. Reviews and verifies accounting documents and correspondence for accuracy of data and information
6. Preparation of financial statement/report
7. Reconcile of book of accounts
8. Process vouchers for disbursement
The Division has the following functions, duties and responsibilities:
1. Establishes and maintains a regional, provincial and municipal agricultural and socio-economic data base to be used as a tool for sound decision-making and planning;
2. Institutionalizes and ensures full participation of farmers and fisherfolks, the private sectors and LGUs in policy-making, planning, monitoring, and evaluation of agriculture development programs and projects;
3. Monitors, reviews and assesses the international, national, regional, provincial, and municipal developments including the effects/impacts of these developments in the agriculture sector . Based on these assessments, recommends policy and program priorities for the region;
4. Provides planning and project development guidelines and standards to the DA’s planning activities including allied agencies, NGOs, LGU, etc. who are partners in PPA implementation;
5. Assists LGUs in developing and updating their planning, resource allocation, project development, monitoring, and evaluation capabilities;
6. Monitors and maintains data on the status of DA facilities operated by DA ( e.g. RADDL, Meat Lab, ROSes, etc.);
7. Serves as a link and ensures complementation between national and LGUs’ agriculture policies and programs;
8. Formulates and monitors nationally-executed programs and projects such as programs for the development of rice, corn, high value commercial crops, livestock, flagship commodities, etc.;
9. Maintains and disseminates technical data and other information regarding the services provided by the DA to national, local government units, farmers, fisherfolks, etc. for transparency and good governance;
10. Maintains and disseminates information on investment opportunities in the agriculture sector;
11. Negotiates for and facilitates foreign assistance to augment development support for the region; and
12. Monitors, assesses developments in the international market regarding agriculture commodities for export which influence the Philippines’ Agriculture Economy .
PLANS AND PROGRAMS SECTION
1. Assists the Regional Director in reviewing and consolidating agricultural development plans to come-up with a Regional Agricultural and Fisheries Modernization Plan (RAFMP) in consultation with concern institutions and stakeholders;
2. Advocates and/or disseminates agriculture policy direction mandated by DA CO at the regional , provincial and municipal levels ;
3. Responsible in the preparation , consolidation, review, and evaluation of all regional agricultural development plans ( Annual; Medium; and Long Term Plans) ;
4. Responsible in the preparation of the DA,s Annual Work and Financial Plans;
5. Integrates other allied agencies’ development plans as may be required by DA CO;
6. Assists Municipal and Provincial Agriculture Offices on agriculture planning capability building particularly in the preparation of their respective development plans;
7. Assists line functions and ROSes/facilities in the preparation and realignment of their targets and budgets; 8. Updates regional, provincial and municipal profiles; 9. Assists the RD and RTDs during RDC, National and other presentations related to the DA RFU
9 plans and programs; and
10. Does other related activities as required by the RD and RTDs.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION SECTION
1. Responsible in monitoring, evaluating and reviewing programs/ projects/ activities implemented by the Department of Agriculture in Region 9 vis-à-vis set targets, accomplishments and financial disbursements;
2. Provides feedbacks on issues and concerns and possibly recommends solutions to these issues and problems;
3. Conducts impact and result evaluation on the effectiveness of all implemented programs/ projects/ activities;
4. Prepares, consolidates, and reviews accomplishments implemented in the region;
5. Submits report of accomplishment to DA CO and other agencies concern; and
6. Does other related activities as required by the RD and RTDs.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT SECTION
1. Initiates and/ or develops public investment programs and project proposals in consultation with the different line agencies, line function of the DA, RAFC, CSO, IPs, etc.;
2. Responsible in project evaluation, review and assessment of agriculture project proposals for possible funding;
3. Assesses, monitors and evaluates on-going and approved funded projects over and above the regular activities;
4. Conducts commodity industry assessment on flagship commodities and other emerging commodities for long term development;
5. Recommends project proposals for approval of the RD and endorsement to funding institutions and to the DA CO;
6. Conducts assessment of cooperatives, NGOs, farmer organizations, IPs with high potential for development which need technical assistance in packaging project proposals and feasibility studies; and
7. Does other related activities as required by the RD and RTDs.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Maintains DA 9 IT facilities existing in the region;
Maintains and develops DA 9 Websites including updating of on-line data required by DA CO;
Provides services in the repair and maintenance of DA Employees’ Computer hardwares;
Assists on posting outputs for on-line reporting and planning;
Assists all line Operating Units in posting the Annual Procurement Plans;
Conducts assessment of cooperatives, NGOs, farmer organizations, Ips with high potential for development which need technical assistance in packaging project proposals and feasibility studies and;
Does other related activities as required by the RD and RTDs.
Assists all PAPs in geotagging activities (before and after implementation);
Provides technical assistance in enhancing IT capability trainings of DA employees;
Prepares software programs and preparation of layouts for the Agency Reports and;
Does other activities assigned by the Chief of Division, RTDs and the |Regional Director
• Generate, develop and package bio-system technologies through research;
• Improve and modify existing production system towards the direction of modern and more productive agriculture;
• Maintain, produce and distribute improved genetic planting materials and quality breeding stocks (hybrids and inbreeds);
• Collaborate with relevant research institutions, LGUs, SCUs, and NGOs;
• Plan and integrate RD & E programs;
• Monitor and evaluate implemented RD & E programs;
• Knowledge product dissemination through LGUs, NGOs, NGAs, and other GOs;
• Conduct specialist training courses and briefings in collaboration with ATI, LGUs and NGOs; and
• Provide and facilitate laboratory services (animal clinic, plant pest clinic, and mass production of biocon agents).
FIELD OPERATIONS DIVISION
• Promote the use of productivity enhancing and cost reducing technologies.
• Ensure the timely delivery of production inputs, particularly seeds, water and fertilizer.
• Develop innovative credit schemes.
• Provide efficient marketing assistance to ensure farmers income.
• Strengthen linkages among the key actors of the rice production systems towards sustainability